Centre of Excellence in Terrorism, Resilience, Intelligence and Organised Crime Research CENTRIC
- Security, society and the citizen
- Communication and knowledge modelling for crisis management
- Cybercrime and Cyberterrorism
- Counter Terrorism
- Formal Concept Analysis
CENTRIC is a multi-disciplinary and end-user focused centre of excellence, located within Sheffield Hallam University. The global reach of CENTRIC links both academic and professional expertise across a range of disciplines providing unique opportunities to progress ground-breaking research.The strategic aim of CENTRIC is to facilitate the triangulation between the four key stakeholders in the security domain:
- Private industry
The primary research foci for CENTRIC are:
- Applied knowledge management research in the security and intelligence domains with specific focus on terrorism and organised crime.
- Use of communication technologies (from surveillance systems to the use of social media) in the promotion of public order, and the avoidance and resolution of crisis situations.
- Development of networks of expertise across Europe in issues of cybercrime and cyber terrorism.
- Professional skill development for Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA) and other relevant stakeholders.
These topics have been selected and developed in collaboration with colleagues within both the Law Enforcement Agency and commercial sectors.