- Title: Blackstone's Handbook of Ports & Border Security
- Authors: Andrew Staniforth, Senior Research Fellow at CENTRIC & Detective Inspector, North East Counter Terrorism Unit; Marnie Ratcliffe, Christiane Rabenstein and Nicola Robinson, Legal Advisors, Police National Legal Database (PNLD).
- Editors: Clive Walker, Professor of Criminal Justice Studies, University of Leeds and Deputy assistant Commissioner Stuart Osborne QPM, Head of Counter Terrorism Command, Metropolitan Police Service.
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- ISBN: 978-0-19-966207
- Webpage: http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199662074.do
- Date of Publication: February 2013
Accessible and portable, this new handbook provides an authoritative and timely guide to ports and border powers for both police officers and other professionals concerned with security and crime prevention at all UK ports and borders.Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â It covers a wide range of offences, from hijacking an aircraft and illegal entry by deception to evasion of duty and the sale of smuggled goods.Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â In Part One of the volume, contextual chapters offer practical case studies demonstrating the security response at UK borders, while Part Two presents the legislation, compiled by the highly regarded Police National legal Database, the official online legal database used by 43 police forces in England and Wales.
Review: “The Blackstone’s Handbook of Ports and Border Security shall serve as a trusted companion for police officers and border agency partners.Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â I recommend this to all security practitioners stationed at ports.” Deputy Assistant Commissioner Stuart Osborne QPM, Head of Counter Terrorism Command, Metropolitan Police Service & Senior National Coordinator of Counter Terrorism.