Latest News and Events
Welcome to the Public Health Hub at Sheffield Hallam University
The Public Health Hub was established in 2007 to harness the diverse range of public health related activity undertaken within Sheffield Hallam University. The Public Health Hub acts as a conduit, effectively bringing together public health expertise in education, research and consultancy within the university. We work in collaboration with internal colleagues and external organisations including public, private and voluntary, with the aim of improving health and reducing health inequalities.
Our successful public health network is effective in engaging individuals with a shared focus on public health, at a local, regional and international level.
Public health is everyone's business and the Public Health Hub at Sheffield Hallam University will help you find the expertise you need to meet these challenges.
Purpose and Aim
As a conduit, we work across the University and with external partners
- Brokering knowledge and expertise in public health
- Improving knowledge and understanding of public health agendas
- Fostering relationships to collaborate on research, product design, service re-design and enhancing teaching and learning
- Securing leading experts in public health to share their expertise and collaborate with the University
- Showcasing public health research and evidence for a range of audiences
- Connecting researchers and academics to relevant partners and organisations
- Providing and developing opportunities for students to enhance their employability
- Contributing ideas and programmes to enhance staff and student wellness
We do this by securing colleagues who are locally, regionally, nationally and internationally renowned in the their fields, as Public Health Hub Associates, to advocate, collaborate and share successes of public health work.