Latest News and Events
Welcome to the Public Health Hub at Sheffield Hallam University
The Public Health Hub was established in 2007 to harness the diverse range of public health related activity undertaken within Sheffield Hallam University. The Public Health Hub acts as a conduit, effectively bringing together public health expertise in education, research and consultancy within the university. We work in collaboration with internal colleagues and external organisations including public, private and voluntary, with the aim of improving health and reducing health inequalities.
Our successful public health network is effective in engaging individuals with a shared focus on public health, at a local, regional and international level.
Public health is facing major challenges with the relocation of public health services to local authorities, the emergence of Public Health England and the development of the Health and Wellbeing boards and commissioning processes. Against the back drop of the current global financial context and welfare reforms, the Public Health Hub is ready to meet these challenges in collaboration with partners, to make a difference to the health inequalities agenda.
Public health is everyone's business and the Public Health Hub at Sheffield Hallam University will help you find the expertise you need to meet these challenges.
Our aims are:
- to be a recognised public health network, locally and regionally
- to act as a conduit and facilitate knowledge transfer activities between the university and the public health community
- to promote the public health expertise within the university
- to support non-traditional sectors to carry out their public health responsibilities
- to facilitate a collaborative approach to public health across the university